Joseph F. Harding / Intellectual Property Lawyer
Joseph Harding practices intellectual property law, with a primary focus on patents. He has a wide range of experience in all phases of patent practice, from initial preparation of applications to enforcement. He has experience in procuring patent rights, including preparing applications, prosecution before the USPTO, and appeals.
He also has experience in litigating patents in the federal court system, as well as in providing patentability, validity, and infringement opinions. Further, Joseph Harding has experience in analyzing patents and patent portfolios in connection with transactions. He has worked with a wide variety of technologies, including medical devices, HVAC, consumer goods, electrical connectors, and vehicle systems. Prior to attending law school, Joseph Harding worked for 5 years as an engineer in the Chicago area, primarily designing steel mill equipment.
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1991)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (J.D., cum laude, 2000)