Jay J. Hoette / Shareholder
Jay J. Hoette is a Shareholder of The Small Patent Law Group where he focuses his law practice in the areas of patent, trademark, and intellectual property. He has extensive experience in both preparation and prosecution of mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, business method, and computer-related patents. Mr. Hoette also has experience in rendering patentability, validity and infringement opinions.
Mr. Hoette received his B.S. in Civil Engineering in 2000 from Bradley University and his J.D. in 2003 from St. Louis University. He is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- St Louis University School of Law, (J.D., 2003)
- Bradley University (B.S.C.E., 2000)
Publications & Presentations
- Client Alert, “Laboratory Corporation of American Holdings v. Metabolite Laboritories, Inc.” (February, 2006)
- Author & Presenter, “Questioning the Limits of Patentability”, In-house Presentation (February, 2006)
- Presentation co-author, “Intellectual Property Overview for the Corporate Counsel, (January, 2006)
- Author & Presenter, “The Pitfalls of Reissue”, In-house Presentation (March, 2005)